Getting Paid for Work for Canadian Client

How do I bill for my graphic design work for clients outside the U.S.—especially in Canada? LinkedIn question by Priscilla Pike, graphic designer

Specify in your contract:
— You get paid in US dollars
— Disputes will be handled in your jurisdiction

Who owns the work you do? Check the laws in other countries about “work for hire.”

Get paid via your merchant account. Don’t have one? Set it up. It makes out of country receivables so much easier for you. I’m not sure about PayPal outside US.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *