Why do some businesses grow rapidly while others struggle for growth and profitability? The difference often lies within the noggin of the owner. You are the biggest asset of your business, and more than likely the biggest bottleneck as well.
How about you? Is the way you run your business a barrier to your growth, profitability, and ease of operation?
Self-defeating management habits, attitudes and beliefs pervade the “crazy makers” I hear from business owners all the time. If you look at yourself, you may notice contradictory attitudes like these:
On the one hand . . . On the other hand . . .
• I can’t get all my work done. . . . I’m not hiring another employee.
• I must learn how to manage my time better. . . . I can’t find the time to make the needed changes in how I use my time.
• We’ve got to stay on budget. . . . I can’t resist making last minute design changes.
• We’ve got to watch costs. . . . I can’t be bothered to review the financials.
• Low margins are killing us. . . . I can’t bring myself to raise prices.
• I’ve got to take more time away from the business. . . . I can’t leave my managers alone. I can’t totally trust them.
• I need more skilled employees. . . . I’m afraid I’ll just train my own competition. I’m afraid I won’t have enough work to keep them busy.
• I need more sales. . . . Marketing scares me. I wish customers would just come.
• I get so tangled up in day-to-day operations that I lose sight of my vision. . . . I doubt the value of having a plan.
• I want to ease up and work fewer hours. . . . I can’t change my belief that hard work is necessary.
If you are nodding your head, “Yep, that’s me!” for any of these, you’re not alone. Crazy makers like these bog down many entrepreneurs.
This is the theme of my new ebook, “The Inner Game of Growth,” which shows you how to resolve these crazy makers.
I also offer you a freebie phone session on how to tackle contradictory attitudes like this using two simple tools. Just call me, 415-491-1896.